guix-devel

Re: Updating mumi on berlin

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Updating mumi on berlin
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 21:49:26 -0400

zimoun writes:

> On Tue, 03 May 2022 at 17:42, Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauermann@kolabnow.com>
> wrote:
[...]
>> Just an aside about public-inbox: Starting with version 0.7 it ships
>> with a ‘lei’ tool that can be used to query a local or remote
>> public-inbox repo, and export the matching messages to a maildir.
>
> Thanks.  Maybe I am missing something, “guix show public-inbox” tells
> version 1.6.1 but I do not find ’lei’.  Anyway.

Yes, Thiago must have meant to write 1.7, not 0.7.

I've tried sit down and update Guix's public-inbox definition a few
times, but there are various test failures that I didn't figure out how
to handle in the time I had.  (IIRC, I think they're related to the lei
tests expecting to be able to kill the lei-daemon process, which isn't
the case in Guix's build environment.)