Introducing: A distributed debugger for guile-goblins with time travel

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Introducing: A distributed debugger for guile-goblins with time travel
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:58:28 -0400

Hey Guilers,

Over at the Spritely Institute we've been working on the problem of
debugging distributed programs and we're excited to share our first
progress update! The tl;dr is that we have landed an initial set of
REPL commands that can be used to debug multiple event loops in a
single Guile process by visualizing causality and inspecting past
program state.  We are working towards full network debugging support.

More details and a walkthrough of the tools can be found on our blog here:

https://spritely.institute/news/introducing-a-distributed-debugger-for-goblins-with-time-travel.html

About Goblins:

Goblins is a distributed object programming environment for Guile (and
Racket, but the debugger is only in the Guile version) that features
an object capability security model and transactional state
management.  For more details about Goblins, see:
https://spritely.institute/goblins/

Until next time!

- Dave