Re: Unable to import (ice-9 psyntax)

From: Robby Zambito
Subject: Re: Unable to import (ice-9 psyntax)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 08:39:23 -0500

Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> writes:

> What are you trying to import (ice-9 psyntax) for?

I am trying to write a portable R7RS library which does a relative
include for its implementation. The code can be found here:
https://git.robbyzambito.me/robby/meta-json.git/tree/lib/zambyte/meta/json.sld?id=334e09f3388a74b5982138b57abb2021e12cf598#n66

The include-library-declarations (and include) in Guile work relative to
the working directory rather than from the calling file (contrary to the
documentation in the Guile manual), which is not desireable for a
library. Instead I'm trying to use include-from-path, which is defined
in (ice-9 psyntax). The problem is that include-from-path seems to be
available by default in Guile, but it was undefined when I was using it
in my R7RS library.

Asking your question made me realize (ice-9 psyntax) does not actually
export include-from-path though. In a nearly complete shot in the dark,
I instead imported (only (guile) include-from-path), which actually does
the trick!

https://git.robbyzambito.me/robby/meta-json.git/tree/lib/zambyte/meta/json.sld?id=7bf0fa24e0df6949d2e1f6c57fb67539d674810a#n67

This works as I wanted :)

Thanks,