grub-devel

Re: LUKS multiple passphrase retries

From: Maximilian Stendler
Subject: Re: LUKS multiple passphrase retries
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 11:21:01 +0200

Hi,

I've recently built a custom config as a workaround for this, and embedded it into a custom grub image using grub-mkimage:
https://github.com/stendler/grub-fde

This repo should already be as generic as possible, but you might want to double-check that all your needed modules are loaded (e.g. filesystems, luks2, hash functions) and try out the test with qemu before actually installing and rebooting the file.

Also: friendly reminder to backup any working efi files within the esp before experimenting, to spare you the hassle of recovery, if something goes wrong.

Kind regards