tbl numeric overflow

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: tbl numeric overflow
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 14:59:22 -0400

Branden --

This thread picks up from
  Re: [mom] Extraneous empty line that starts a new page

I've built and installed 1.23.0.rc4.26-3aa8c and continue to get
numeric overflow errors in documents that use tbl, starting with
the second and continuing for all subsequent tables.  The output
is clean despite the errors, which all originate from tbl's 3init
macro.

When I switch out the newly installed /usr/local/bin/tbl for an
older version of tbl (from 1.22.4), the error messages disappear.

I'm loathe to file a bug report at this time because you appear to
be getting different results when processing with tbl, i.e. you are
not seeing the error messages.  Given that an older version of tbl
does not report any errors, it would seem the problem is with tbl in
1.23.0.rc4, however I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

--
Peter Schaffter
https://www.schaffter.ca