Re: [mom] Extraneous empty line that starts a new page

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [mom] Extraneous empty line that starts a new page
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 18:13:07 -0500

Hi Frederic,

At 2023-04-24T21:56:58+0200, Frederic Chartier wrote:
> Here's another tbl-related problem I've encountered, in case the two
> are connected. Groff acts as if every table were preceded by an empty
> paragraph. This is why there is so much vertical space between the
> headings and the tables that follow them. My work-around was to put
> ".LS 0" in front of every ".TS".
>
> I'm running groff 1.22.3, by the way. It's been patched but not
> since 2016 so if it's bugs I'm seeing, they're not new.

Space management around tables is the responsibility of each macro
package.  The job of tbl(1) itself is to render the table.  There was a
bug in the past several versions of groff in this area, but it involved
man(7) documents, not mom(7), and the issue was too little space _after_
a table, not too much _before_ it (also: in nroff mode only).