Re: groff injects blank page

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: groff injects blank page
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 17:24:00 -0500

Hi Carlos,

At 2023-04-24T11:17:08-0400, Carlos wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 12:44:38AM -0500, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> > The `cR` register is documented in groff_man(7).  The `ps4html`
> > register is...not documented.  :-|
>
> Thank you for advising me against this
>
> And by the looks of it, neither is mso. And this is important. Very
> important.

mso is a request, and it is documented in groff(7) like other requests.

I might have time to follow up on the rest later, but I will note
briefly that "Ignored because insecure." does not sound like language I
recognize from any groff release.  It sounds exactly like mandoc(1)
documentation--specifically the mandoc_roff(7) page.  mandoc is a
separate project and groff developers have no responsibility for it.

(We have one contributor, Ingo Schwarze, who is the mandoc project
lead.)

Please take this fact into account when developing your conclusions.