Re: pdfroff in groff 1.23.0.rc3 changes compared to 1.22.4

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: pdfroff in groff 1.23.0.rc3 changes compared to 1.22.4
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 13:09:17 -0400

Michał --

On Wed, Apr 05, 2023, Micha Kruszewski wrote:
> I would like to have simple structure: custom cover page -> ToC ->
> custom page -> text.  No matter how I try always some kind of mess
> is generated.  I am attaching my "favorite" output so far.

If you haven't invested too much in ms, you might want to check out
the mom macros.  An example of setting up your simple structure
(simply!) can be found in the sample_docs.mom file in the
examples/mom directory of your groff installation.

>From the rest of this thread, I conclude you really should be using
mom anyway.  It has full pdf integration including internal and
external linking, automatic generation and placement of a clickable
TOC, clickable outline for the pdf viewer, and customizable window
titles.

The mom macros are extensively documented in html format, both on
your system and online at

  https://www.schaffter.ca/mom/momdoc/toc.html

PDF usage is covered in a separate document, mom-pdf.pdf, which is
on your system and available online at the mom website.

--
Peter Schaffter
https://www.schaffter.ca