Re: z/OS porting issues, UTF-8 support, and the groff man(1) page (and g

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: z/OS porting issues, UTF-8 support, and the groff man(1) page (and groff 1.23.0.rc4 status)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 16:54:48 -0500

Hi Dave,

At 2023-04-04T16:39:33-0500, Dave Kemper wrote:
> On 3/31/23, G. Branden Robinson <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dave, what do you think about fallbacks for \(la and \(ra?
>
> It appears this has been resolved now, but let me know if I'm
> misunderstanding.

I haven't commited the patch I shared[1] anywhere--it's just living in
my Git stash.  If you think it will improve life for groff users then
I'm happy to go ahead and commit it.

I heard from Bertrand and he is hoping to tag groff 1.23.0.rc4 this
weekend (since it's a 3-day one).  On Thursday or Friday I plan to push
a new 'branden-YYYY-MM-DD' branch and delete the old one, but organized
the same way, with the "six risk categories".[2]

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2023-04/msg00005.html
[2]
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/tree/README.branch?h=branden-2023-03-31