Groff 1.23.0.rc3 changes comparing to version 1.22.4

From: Michał Kruszewski
Subject: Groff 1.23.0.rc3 changes comparing to version 1.22.4
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 10:56:46 +0000

Because of some bugs related with page numbering in case of ToC placed at the
beginning of the document (pdfroff) I have today installed and tried 1.23.0.rc3.
However, the generated document layout in my case significantly differs from
what is generated with 1.22.4.

- .bp seems not to work. It does not break/begin new page anymore.
- Page bottom margin is smaller.
- ToC has constant line spacing. In version 1.22.4 the spacing in ToC depended
on the header level.
- In 1.22.4 it was possible to replace roman numbers with arabic numbers on ToC
pages using .EH ''%'' .OH ''%''. It no longer works.

Are all of the above conscious changes?
If they are, how can I bring back what I had in 1.22.4 using 1.23.0.rc3?
I have skimmed the changelog, but to be honest i do not feel it is useful in my
case.

Best regards,
Michał Kruszewski
Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.