groff_1.23.0-rc3 test and typo

From: Dale Snell
Subject: groff_1.23.0-rc3 test and typo
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 17:57:34 -0800

Hi Branden,

I've just built groff v1.23.0-rc3 on my old Fedora 33 box,
and there were no errors that I could see.  I did a ‘make
check’, and all seemed well.  Here’s the summary:

Testsuite summary for GNU roff 1.23.0.rc3
# TOTAL: 162
# PASS:  160
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 2
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

I did find a (very) minor typo whilst reading the groff(1) man
page, as specified in the file INSTALL.extra, in the Evaluation
section.  The file says to run the command

    “./test-groff -man -Tascii src/roff/groff/groff.1 | less -R”

which I did.  All went well until I got to the Preprocessors
section.  There, I found a couple of blocks of tbl commands.
At first, I thought they were examples, and that the actual
tables would be displayed later.  Wrong.  It turns out that the
command given in the INSTALL.extra file was missing the -t
option.  Like I said, very minor.  Once I added the -t option,
everything worked just fine.

Oh, and I did try building some PDFs that I’d already built
with v1.22.4, and they built just fine.  (These were MOM
docs, fwiw.)

--Dale

--
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.