Re: groff for epub/e-books (was: groff 1.22.4 mandb 2.11.2 man -H tbl no

From: Deri
Subject: Re: groff for epub/e-books (was: groff 1.22.4 mandb 2.11.2 man -H tbl not rendered)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 16:02:38 +0000

On Thursday, 23 February 2023 15:13:03 GMT Brian Inglis wrote:
> > So, if some entrepreneur wants to fund me for a year or two to move this
> > forward, shoot me an email.  ;-)
>
> See https://github.com/nabijaczleweli/gen-epub-book awk script
> and packages asciidoc, docbook-utils, ebook-tools, htmldoc, poppler,
> texinfo. There may even be an emacs mode for that!
> I've hacked text into directories and zipped into an ebook, then edited the
> epub/zip using gvim.

I use groff to produce pdfs suitable for viewing on a kindle, i.e. custom page
size to suit the
kindle screen and my eyesight! The text file is from gutenberg.org then I run a
script to turn it
into a troff file. This is an example (you need to transfer to the reader):-

http://chuzzlewit.co.uk/The%20Murder%20on%20the%20Links%20(Kindle).pdf

Cheers

Deri