Re: groff 1.23.0.rc3 available for testing

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: groff 1.23.0.rc3 available for testing
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:23:23 +0100

Hello Branden,

with your helpful comments and detailed reply I was able to identify the
culprit: In my shell environment I have set GROFF_ENCODING to utf-8.

All tests pass as expected when running:
%/usr/bin/env -u GROFF_ENCODING make -j8 check

-----8<----- SNIP -----8<-----
Testsuite summary for GNU roff 1.23.0.rc3
# TOTAL: 162
# PASS:  158
# SKIP:  2
# XFAIL: 2
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

I'd be happy to answer all your questions in your previous email if you
see value in it. Otherwise in the interest of your valuable time I'll
keep it short :)

Cheers
Alexis