Re: groff 1.22.4 mandb 2.11.2 man -H tbl not rendered

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: groff 1.22.4 mandb 2.11.2 man -H tbl not rendered
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 01:04:47 -0600

Hi Brian,

At 2023-02-20T21:59:33-0700, Brian Inglis wrote:
> Another data point from current official release; instead of:
>
>       .TE
>       .TS
>       allbox tab(:);
>       l lx.
>
> splitting the man table using:
>
>       .T&
>       l lx.
>
> behaves the same as if the table was not split: fine on utf8,
> disappears on other output devices/file formats.

I'm not quite sure what you're reporting.

It sounds like it _might_ be this bug affecting tbl output on nroff
devices:

...which, fortunately, is fixed in groff 1.23.0 (as of today, at release
candidate 3).

If that isn't it, can you supply me with a malfunctioning specimen, and
describe what you expected?