Re: [platform-testers] verification instructions for groff 1.23.0.rc2

From: Steve Ross
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] verification instructions for groff 1.23.0.rc2
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 20:04:50 +0000 (UTC)

 On Sunday, February 19, 2023 at 11:30:49 AM CST, G. Branden Robinson
<g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for pointing this out.  I've used it over the past week or so to
> improve outcomes on macOS and Solaris 11 hosts.  I wasn't able to access
> the Solaris 10 system because it and my Debian bullseye system don't
> appear to have any hash algorithms in common that would enable an SSH
> connection.
>
> Regards,>
>Branden
Branden,

At least on my Fedora system, a failed connection attempt with "ssh" suggests
alternatives for algorithms that you can then specify to the "ssh" client on a
second attempt:

$ ssh myserver.example.comUnable to negotiate with 1.2.3.4 port 22: no matching
host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss
$ ssh -o HostKeyAlgorithms=+ssh-rsa myserver.example.com
-- Steve Ross