Re: macOS Terminal man page URL format

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: macOS Terminal man page URL format
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 23:09:47 -0600

Hi John,

At 2023-02-16T15:49:14+1100, John Gardner wrote:
> > $ (unset GROFF_TYPESETTER; make -j check)
>
> I ran `GROFF_TYPESETTER= make check` and—as I expected—the tests
> passed.

Kick ass!  The fix will be in my next push.

> > I don't agree; when writing a test suite, one should eliminate as
> > many confounding variables (in the experimental sense) as possible
>
> Yes, which is why I suggested they be *un*set before running the
> tests. You may have misread what I wrote… ;-)

No, I read it right, I'm just a stubborn old cuss who prefers to say "-T
ps" in the command invocation because _I really mean it_.  :P

Also I don't want to maintain lists of environment variables to unset.

Thank you for not giving up on this slippery test failure.