Re: [platform-testers] verification instructions for groff 1.23.0.rc2

From: Dagobert Michelsen
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] verification instructions for groff 1.23.0.rc2
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 10:35:56 +0100

Hi Brandon,

> Am 04.02.2023 um 23:20 schrieb G. Branden Robinson
> <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com>:
>
> Due to some infrastructure problems, I couldn't offer GPG verification
> details for the distribution archive in my earlier announcement.
>
> Please find them below.
>
> At 2023-02-04T12:48:20-0600, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
>> groff 1.23 release candidate 2, 1.23.0.rc2, is now available from GNU's
>> alpha FTP site.  You may download the distribution archive from there.
>>
>>  https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/groff/

I just tested on Solaris 10 with Sun Studio and encounter some problems with
the test
scripts, e.g. contrib/mm/tests/LT_SP_AU_without_AT_works.sh:

- on Solaris /bin/sh is not bash and does not understand subshell invocation
with $(cmd).
  It would be good to use a replacement of $SHELL with the test scripts as
automake inputs.
  This would allow packagers to choose a usable shell here without syntactic
replacement.
- the /usr/bin/grep on Solaris does not understand -Eqx as used e.g. in
    contrib/mm/tests/LT_SP_AU_without_AT_works.sh
  It would be nice to use $GREP here in a similar way as the shell above.

Best regards

 — Dago

--
"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by wanting to
do something,