Re: Linux man-pages prehistory

From: Andries E. Brouwer
Subject: Re: Linux man-pages prehistory
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 21:08:19 +0100

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 04:24:31PM +0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm pleased to announce that there's a new branch in the git repository,
> named 'prehistory', which covers exactly that.

Good! I have one question: did you preserve the time stamps?

> P.S.:  Andries, do you know anything about 1.1?  There's the announce in
> your ftp server, but the tarball is missing.

If man-pages-1.1.tar.gz is missing that means I didnt have it.
In fact I see time stamps in 1993 for those early files,
but 2004 for man-pages-1.1-announced, so I guess I searched
for man-pages-1.1 at that time and found only the announcement.

Andries