Re: eqn formatting issues with grops and gropdf

From: Deri
Subject: Re: eqn formatting issues with grops and gropdf
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 21:42:07 +0100

On Tuesday, 26 July 2022 20:34:39 BST Robert Goulding wrote:
> Thanks - It would take some work, I think, to make the character names
> emitted by preconv match up with those in rfc1345 (but that maybe worth
> doing as a comprehensive solution). In the past, I've simply redefined the
> Greek letters one by one in just the way you suggested.
>
> I see that the Slant is hardwired into gropdf.pl itself. Would there be any
> demand to add a switch, so that the device driver did *not *add slant to
> Greek glyphs?
>
> Robert

Hi Robert,

The problem is in pdf.tmac, rather than gropdf.pl. I have attached a new
version, please can you test. The change should mean that if the current font
contains the greek characters, they are left alone but if groff has to source
from a special font, i.e. S, it will apply the slant.

Cheers

Deri