Re: .TQ to replace .PD 0

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: .TQ to replace .PD 0
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 08:03:30 -0500

Ralph,

At 2022-05-23T10:34:44+0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
[Ingo wrote:]
> > The typical use case is in a tagged list that uses normal vertical
> > spacing in general, but contains a few entries that need two or more
> > tags for a few of the list entries.  For example, in a csh(1)
> > manual page, you might say something like:
> >
> >   .TP
> >   \fBcd\fP [\fIname\fP]
> >   .TQ
> >   \fBchdir\fP [\fIname\fP]
> >   Change the shell's working directory to ...
> >   .TP
> >   .B continue
> >   Continue execution of the nearest enclosing
> >   .B while
> >   or ...
[...]
> Wouldn't one just wrap the .TP paragraph in a pair of .PDs?
>
>     .TP
>     \fBbreak\fR \*(OK\fIn\fR\*(CK
>     Exit from the enclosing...
>     .
>     .TP
>     \fBcd\fP [\fIname\fP]
>     .PD 0
>     .TP
>     \fBchdir\fP [\fIname\fP]
>     Change the shell's working directory to...
>     .PD
>     .
>     .TP
>     .B continue
>     Continue execution of the nearest enclosing...

Yes, that is precisely the form that Alejandro offered when inquiring
about this subject in the original post to the thread.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2022-05/msg00022.html

You have on multiple occasions complained of my emails being wordy.  In
that light it is brow-raising to see you recapitulate messages that were
sent to this list less than three days ago.