Re: Devpdf on RHEL8

From: Steve Ross
Subject: Re: Devpdf on RHEL8
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 15:27:54 +0000 (UTC)

 Hi Olle,
I'm not an expert on RHEL8 repositories, but I did look for the "groff-perl"
package for RHEL8.  (That package is available in Fedora 34 as
"groff-perl-1.22.4-7.fc34".)  However, the only two "groff" related packages
that I see from the RHEL8 repository are "groff" and "groff-base".
The EPEL site (<https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/epel/>) for EPEL8 does not
have the "groff-perl" package.  A search on the "RPM finder"
(<https://www.rpmfind.net>) page turns up "groff-perl-1.22.2-8.el7" package for
RHEL8/CentOS7, but nothing for RHEL8/CentOS8.
I did, however, talk to an expert.  He was confused by the fact that the
".spec" file for the RHEL8 "groff" source RPM package shows that the build
process for "groff" also builds the "groff-perl" package, but that package
isn't then part of the RHEL8 repository.
Perhaps you could follow the instructions here,
<https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/epel/fedora-package-in-epel/>, to request
that the Fedora package of "groff-perl" be added to the EPEL repository.
-- Steve Ross

    On Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 05:45:36 PM CDT, Olle Lögdahl