troff Memorandum Macros documentation derived from the paper "MM - Memor

From: T. Kurt Bond
Subject: troff Memorandum Macros documentation derived from the paper "MM - Memorandum Macros"
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:37:11 -0400

The paper "MM - Memorandum Macros" by D. W. Smith, J. R. Mashey, E. C.
Pariser, and N. W. Smith, AT&T Bell Laboratories, June 1980 does not seem
to be available in PDF or Postscript on the Internet with a license that
allows legal copying.  However, the Documenter's Workbench version of the
documentation, which is derived from that paper *is* available in source
form here <https://github.com/n-t-roff/DWB3.3>, under the Eclipse Public
License.

I built the document from source some time ago, and recently put the PDF up
on my blog (direct link to PDF
<https://tkurtbond.github.io/troff/mm-all.pdf>) , with a post
<https://tkurtbond.github.io/posts/2021/07/15/troff-memorandum-macros-documentation/>
about it.  I think this is useful since it provides a more "user guide"
approach to learning MM; groff_mm(7), while an admirable and complete
reference is not easy to learn MM from, in my opinion.

--
T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond@gmail.com, https://tkurtbond.github.io