gpsd-users

Re: CSRS-PPP error

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: CSRS-PPP error
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 12:31:59 -0700

Yo Hans!

On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 21:20:19 +0200
Hans Mayer <gpsd@ma.yer.at> wrote:

> My environment, gpsd: 3.25.1~dev (revision
> 3.25.1~dev-2023-03-30T16:56:51.579457) with u-blox ZED-F9P v 27.12

Fine.

> I followed these very detailed description in
> https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/ppp-howto.html in chapter "PPP
> Configuration" and "U-blox configuration".

Good.  What u-blox chip?  What command lines for gpsd, gpsrinex.

> After that I run
> "gpsrinex" as described for a day.

I stronly recommend only a hour or tw capture until your get something
working.

> The result I uploaded to CSRS-PPP
> and very quickly I got a result. Not surprising it was an error
> message. The error was: today.obs | Error : The next time tag is not
> where expected at epoch 2023 04 02 20 14 30.00.

PPP is very finicky.  Different PPP is finicky is various ways.  For
example, some prefer odd epoch alingments.  And CSRS-PPP folks don't
really understand the software that they have. Sound like some epoch
disconiuity.

> I tried it again next day, but result was the same.
> It seems I did something fundamental wrong.
> Any idea what to change to get a result ?

Nope.  Rather than ask you 20 questions, just send us the RINEX file, or the
raw u-blox file.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588