gpsd-users

Re: gpxlogger with depth storing

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpxlogger with depth storing
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 10:53:27 -0800

Yo Владимир!

On Mon, 5 Dec 2022 12:06:32 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 05.12.2022 00:38, Gary E. Miller пишет:
> > Your fake NMEA is broken.  Even simple lat/lon is not workgin.  I'm
> > not gonna try to fix your fake NMEA generator.  Try again with real
> > NMEA.
>
> If I had a real NMEA file, I would use it. But I don't have.

Well then.  There is no problem.  gpsd is to solve real world problems,
not made up ones.  If you have no real world problem, gpsd has nothing
to fix.

gpxlogger now reports depth from the only regression it has that
contains depth.  Done.

> And what exactly is wrong with this file? It may be possible to tune
> the NMEA generator.

Beats me, don't care.  I've wasted way too much time on NMEA generator
bugs, I avoid whenever possible.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588