gpsd-users

Re: NTP via tcp NMEA feed

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: NTP via tcp NMEA feed
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 11:37:36 -0700

Yo Nick!

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 12:42:59 +0100
Nick Taylor <nicktaylor@dataskill.uk> wrote:

> Any news on this one

I was gonna sk you the same thing.  I wiating on a -D4 log with the
latest patches.

> - or the quest for making the tcp feed more
> reliable??

More reliable?  I see no wya to make it more reliable.  When gpsd uses
TCP it is stukk with TCP's reliability.  Maybe add SCTP or similar.  The
problem is that SCTP is blocked by so many firewall ans router.

I assume you refer instead to finally getting auto-reconnect to work for
you.  No progress on that.  I have budgeted some time on that this week.
Dunno why it works for me and not you.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588