gpsd-users

Re: adding/removing ntrip devices via gpsdctl?

From: Michael Haberler
Subject: Re: adding/removing ntrip devices via gpsdctl?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 23:35:24 +0200

> Am 20.10.2022 um 23:27 schrieb Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com>:
>
> Yo Michael!
>
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 22:02:38 +0200
> Michael Haberler <haberlerm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I'd like a pony.  Maybe we can get this to work, dunno how hard that
>>> might be without the -D4 log.
>>
>> I attach 2 logs
>
> I do notice this from the one where ntrip is "working":
>
> Oct 20 21:51:58 oe-sox gpsd[12026]: gpsd:WARN: NMEA0183: TXT: Error: txbuf
> alloc
>
> That means you are overflowing the TX buffer in the u-blox.  I assume
> this is because you are using the serial port, instead of the USB port,
> on the F9P.

I'm positive I only used the USB port during this test, and I have seen these
messages using only the USB port

I still have a FTDI USB/serial dongle connected to UART1 but this port was idle
during the tests

I can physically unplug the dongle to exclude that cause for sure but it will
take me some days, I cant tear apart the box ATM

gpsd with ntrip goes flying for a few days ;)

- Michael