gpsd-users

Re: Report GPS/sync time difference

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: Re: Report GPS/sync time difference
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 06:39:40 +0000

> Why would you not always time sync?

We usually do. However, we had a crew doing measurements all over Europe this past summer. They were not experienced. Long story (not mine). Seems they measured without doing a time sync. As it should all be automatic, I don't really know what they did. And how they ignored the pesky desktop indicators that time was not synced. All very mysterious.

Anyway, we use this time sync to connect data collected by various transducer in our system, and then to connect all this to where in the workd it was collected. Without that, things don't work well.

I am investigating what the probable difference between the system's time and a synchronized time might be. Not a perfect solution. But we cannot send the crew out again to measure past road conditions. Cost aside, we haven't quite perfected our time travel module.

>> Classification: Confidential

> Seriously???

IT strikes again. Seems our company is getting more and more paranoid. I guess I need to check where this is set and see what to do about it.

Classification: Confidential