gpsd-users

Report GPS/sync time difference

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: Report GPS/sync time difference
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 10:52:50 +0000

Is it possible to have gpsd report the difference in time on the system clock compared to the current GPS time as it sees that time? I would just like to start gpsd, and have it report this difference. It can print lots of other stuff, and I don't care if I have to stop it. I just want to see the difference.

If I run gpsd -D 5 -N /dev/gps, I see lots of things. But I don't think I see this time difference. Maybe there is a better place to check this? Perhaps there is something in a shared memory segment that I could read and report?

I use chrony to sync time. When chrony is running to do a time sync, I can get status info that I think reports this difference: chronyc -m "timeout 500" "retries 1" sources

But then chrony is running. I want to know the difference when no time sync is happening.

Roger Oberholtzer

RST Systems

Office: +46 (0)10-615 6020
Mobile: +46 (0)70-815 1696