gpsd-users

Re: 2 separate positions pass through gpsd

From: Filip Kubicz
Subject: Re: 2 separate positions pass through gpsd
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 08:29:10 +0200

Hi Gary!

> Every other DR receiver does that for you.  Quectel should not make the
client do that.

I'm aware of it - their team is working on a fix for this.

> $PQTMINS, $PQTMIMU and $PQTGPS do not return time!  So no way to include
thme in a TPV report.  There may be a way to showhorn this mess into an
ATT report.

This hurts, but the time must come from $GNRMC or $GNGNS -
unfortunately you cannot base only on the $PQTMINS. Looks like gpsd is
merging the time into TPV coming after each $PQTMINS pretty well.

> We can add new variables in gps_fix_t if needed.  But if you are getting
rounding errors on doubles, you got big problems.

The rounding was coming from gpsd_json.c: it was putting these doubles
into json with just 1 decimal place (for the wing angle variables).
For now, I worked it around by putting 9 decimal places, the same as lat/lon.
I'm happy with this solution - until a FW fix arrives.

> Go ahead an make Merge Request to gpsd with your code.  It will need a
lot of work.  Easier for me to add and track comments in the MR process.
If nothing else just getting the decodes to the log output would be
helpful.

Sure - for the $PQTMINS. The $PQTMGPS is a temporary quick fix and I
would not include this into gpsd. As soon as Quectel releases a new
firmware, it will not be needed.

Kind regards,
Filip