gpsd-users

Re: ublox F9P - rover: no RTK fix with default gpsd ublox initialisation

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ublox F9P - rover: no RTK fix with default gpsd ublox initialisation
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 17:21:34 -0700

Yo Michael!

I just pushed a patch that fixes gpsd reporting of RTK status
from ubx messages.  Please test.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 00:38:06 +0200
Michael Haberler <haberlerm@gmail.com> wrote:

> you mentioned an issue with floating point arithmetic suggesting a
> toolchain issue:

Yup.

> > Am 12.10.2022 um 03:44 schrieb Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com>:

> > Your tool chain is still broken:
> >
> >   gpsd:WARN: __STDC_IEC_599__ is missing
> >
> > This is something new with Ubuntu.  Other distros not showing it.
> > Breaking IEEE 754/C99 compliance is a bad thing.  Did you run that
> > "scons check"?
>
> yes - I even installed a pristine Debian to exclude a past blunder -
> no change

Here is what C99 says:

    6.10.8 Predefined macro names

    The following macro names are conditionally defined by the
    implementation: _ _STDC_IEC_559_ _ The integer constant 1, intended
    to indicate conformance to the specifications in annex F (IEC 60559
    floating-point arithmetic).

So you are right, the proper macro is 559, not 599.  Simple fix,
pushed now.

Thanks for digging on that.

But that is just a warning to run "scons check".  When "scons check"
runs OK, then there should not be any IEEE 754 issues.  Your check runs
fine, so you don't have a float problem.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588