gpsd-users

Re: Ublox and GPSD 3.22

From: Jeff Curtis
Subject: Re: Ublox and GPSD 3.22
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:38:06 -0400

Hello All,

I clearly have no idea how to respond to a mailing list. —  I was getting a digest-

In any case here is some follow up.

the Latitude, Longitude, and Altitude are not updated in the JSON
messages, but the ECEF values are.

How did you set u-blox binary mode?  How did you look at the JSON?

I start GPSD with this command gpsd -G -n -F /var/run/gpsd.sock /dev/serial0 /dev/pps0, GPSD auto configures the device to Ublox mode.  For the JSON I am using gps3 python  script and looking at the TPV messages.  In Ublox mode the lat/lon/alt will not change but the ECEF values are.

I am still trying to build the
latest, to see if that will fix the problem I am having, but I am
running into some other issues.

We can't debug what we can't see.  Send here the FULL build log.  Did
you follow the build instructions in build.adoc?

Agree —my issues, I built it from source before without problems, haven’t had time to really look into it.  Will hopefully build it correctly this weekend.  No questions regarding this, I just ran into some configurations problems on my end with some packages.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Why
would gpsmon see the information update but not cgps/xgps? Thanks Jeff

gpsmon has its own, broken, decoder for u-blox raw.

If you send us the raw data you see then someone can look at it:
        gpspipe -R -x 20 > log.raw

Then send here log.raw.  As well as how you configured the device.

RGDS
GARY

Attached is the raw capture

Thanks