gpsd-users

Re: Change from 3.23 to 3.24 - program doesn't work?

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: Change from 3.23 to 3.24 - program doesn't work?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 08:12:11 +0100

On 20/06/2022 07:41, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo David!

I can't see how that ever worked.  Your program does not check
if the receiver JSON has the data you are trying to read.

Take a look at example.c for ideas on what is missing.

Thanks, Gary. The program has worked correctly with several different ublox receivers on multiple RPi cards. It has worked on this RPi with the same receiver before. Only the update to 3.24 seems to have stopped it working (as far as I know). That's why I spent a couple of hours this morning re-installing everything from scratch.

Has something changed between 3.23 and 3.24 which might have caused problems with this program? Have the data structures changed? How can I check the API level?

I'll check out example.c.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu