gpsd-users

Re: ✘GPS 3.24 is released!

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘GPS 3.24 is released!
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 06:40:12 -0400

"Rick Howitt" <southpaw14622@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a similar need to use ntrip, but also cannot guarantee that the
> internet (via cell modem) will be available when gpsd starts.

I think this is a fairly normal situation.

I don't understand why gpsd can't do dns and open the ntrip socket
later; those aren't privileged.  Probably it's that dns later requires
some form of concurrency and gpsd has refrained from trying to cross
that bridge because threads are harder than most people think...