gpsd-users

Fw: gpsd | Proposal: Usage of official GNSSids in cgps.c (#199)

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Fw: gpsd | Proposal: Usage of official GNSSids in cgps.c (#199)
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 09:51:14 -0700

Yo All!

A proposal to change the character code that cgps, xgps, etc, yse.

See below.

ANy thoughts?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 04:38:50 +0000
From: Jürgen Fredriksson (@juergen.fredriksson) <gitlab@mg.gitlab.com>
To: gem@rellim.com

Jürgen Fredriksson created an issue:
https://gitlab.com/gpsd/gpsd/-/issues/199

cgps has its own codes for the different GNSSs. I think it would be
nice if GPSd/cgps would use the same abbreviations as in other software
packages (Trimble TPP, U-Center, rtklib, etc.)

The following tables shows the different systems and currently used
short char ids. Is it possible to switch to either 3-char ids or if
that is too long, using the 1-char codes for the GNSSs.

| Name    | 3-char | GPSd 2-char | 1-char
| GPS     | GPS | GP | G
| GLONASS | GLO | GL | R
| GALILEO | GAL | GA | E
| BeiDou  | BDS | BD | C
| QZSS    | QZS | QZ | J
| SBAS    | SBS | SB | S
| IRNSS   | IRN | IR | I
| IMES    |     | IM |

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Jürgen Fredriksson created an issue: #199