gpsd-users

Re: Trouble with PPS on u-blox 7

From: gpsd
Subject: Re: Trouble with PPS on u-blox 7
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 21:04:52 -0400

On 4/27/22 15:57, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo gpsd@rkidder.com!

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 13:57:52 -0400
gpsd@rkidder.com wrote:

On 4/22/22 14:16, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo gpsd@rkidder.com!

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 11:50:49 -0400
gpsd@rkidder.com wrote:
I'm having trouble getting PPS from a u-blox 7 device.
Yeah, you will.  Those need an outdoor antenna with a good sky view.

You mention nothing of how your PPS is connected to your host.  As
a HAT, PCI, USB, RS-232?

You mention nothing of your host: PC, Raspberry Pi, Apple Mac, etc.
That, and the OD on it, matters.
It is connected via USB and is outside, with a clear view of the
southern sky. It's running gpsd 3.22 on an x86 PC with a 3D fix.
Oh.  You realize that almost no USB support PPS?

What does ppscheck show?
It simply outputs three column headers and then waits:

# Seconds  nanoSecs   Signals

So, what exact model GPS?

It's a VK-162. Output from lsusb:

Bus 003 Device 041: ID 1546:01a7 U-Blox AG [u-blox 7]

This is one reason why we need your gpsdebuginfo results, to see all the
things you forgot to mention.

since most people don't realize what info we need to help, run this
script, as root, and send back here the restuls:

      https://gpsd.io/gpsd-time-service-howto.html
What script?
Sorry, wrong link:

     https://gpsd.io/gpsdebuginfo