gpsd-users

Re: Sending commands to device while gpsd is running

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Sending commands to device while gpsd is running
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:06:50 -0700

Yo Filip!

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 10:41:14 +0200
Filip Kubicz <filip@kubicz.engineer> wrote:

> I have found that gps_send() format should follow the command for
> from gpsd(8) page.

The devil is in the details.

I looked for an example, but no gpsd code does anything like that.
So you are chariing a new swamp.

I suggesst you try methods known to work, as shown by the gpsd
client code.  Look at zerk, bxtool, gpsctl, etc.

> However there is still no response:
>
> $PQTMVEHMSG
  ^^^

There is your problem.  Quectel.

Quectel is "quercky".  No way I can debug it without my having a "working"
device.

I suggest that you turn the debug level WAY up.  Maybe 8 or even 9.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588