gpsd-users

Re: Getting PDOP, VDOP and HDOP in C

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: Getting PDOP, VDOP and HDOP in C
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 19:22:50 +0100

On 29/03/2022 19:03, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo David!

On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:31:42 +0100
David Taylor<gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk>  wrote:

Thanks, Matha.  In this case I'm not (that) interested in how they
are calculated (I have a rough idea), as I've been asked to produce
those figures routinely by a third-party.
I wish u-blox told us how they calculated things, but alas, they do
not.  So that text is not what I wish for, but the DOP part is what you
need to understand as a user of DOPs.  Unless you just want to push
meaningless numbers.

RGDS
GARY

Thanks, Gary. In this case, it's the variation of these numbers with time, atmospheric conditions etc. which is required. It's what the customer asked for, so! I'll look at the others, though.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk