gpsd-users

Re: GPS with 2Hz feed

From: Steve Bourland
Subject: Re: GPS with 2Hz feed
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 11:39:56 -0500

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021, gpsd-users-request@nongnu.org wrote:

  2. GPS with 2Hz feed (Nick Taylor)
------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 13:46:27 +0100
From: Nick Taylor <nicktaylor@dataskill.uk>
To: "gpsd-users@nongnu.org" <gpsd-users@nongnu.org>
Subject: GPS with 2Hz feed

We are trying to test our app which normally expects a std 1Hz GPS feed, but a client supplies a 2Hz feed.

Anyone know of GPS receiver that we could use for testing with 2Hz feed rate? We could use serial, usb or tcp nmea

I have an ancient Garmin 18x LVC that is putting out enough lines it now only delivers at 2 Hz. Not sure you'd want to bring one of those PITAs into your environment, but it might work for you if you're desperate.
                                        Best of luck!
                                           Steve

BTW I know you will all say that it doesn't matter, but our application is storing distance travelled every second so it does cause issues...

Cheers

Nick