gpsd-users

Re: scons not installing /etc/default/gpsd on Debian

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: scons not installing /etc/default/gpsd on Debian
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 13:03:43 -0700

Yo Charles!

On Sat, 9 Oct 2021 13:56:38 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> Neither "scons install" not "scons udev-install" delivers
> /etc/default/gpsd, which the systemd file requires on debian systems.

Good.

> It is built, as gpsd-3.23.2~dev/packaging/deb/etc_default_gpsd, just
> never installed.

There is a terget for that.  "scons udev-install", nbut since no the
systemd(umber) people can't agree onn what it should do, it is always
borked for some grous of users.

> Note that the systemd files require either /etc/default/gpsd, a
> debianism, or /etc/sysconfig/gpsd, a Red Hatism. The systemd stuff on
> Debian doesn't work without the former.

I would say systemd(umbest) never works.  Feel free to waste your time
on it.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588