gpsd-users

Re: Getting NMEA data out from gpsd for use in u-center

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: Getting NMEA data out from gpsd for use in u-center
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 16:13:37 +0100

On 03/10/2021 15:26, Frank Nicholas wrote:
Hello David,

I think you missed the point about why, for you, “u-center doesn't connect or
doesn't recognise udp/tcp on 2947”.

Did you ever try u-center & GPSd with the “-G” option to tell GPSd to allow
external network connections?  Without it, an external network connection to GPSd
would have never worked, and this is most likely why you determined “u-center
doesn't connect or doesn't recognise udp/tcp on 2947”.

Thanks,
Frank

Frank,

Yes, I would have liked that to work, but even with the "-G" option. I tried both UDP and TCP. Just checked again, and with UDP it appears to connect but disconnects after about three seconds. With TCP its not clear what happens, but there's no data flow.

Is this something which has worked for you?

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk