gpsd-users

Re: Getting NMEA data out from gpsd for use in u-center

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: Getting NMEA data out from gpsd for use in u-center
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 11:40:51 +0100

On 02/10/2021 10:52, Michael Byczkowski wrote:
It’s actually super-easy to reroute the serial port to a net port via ser2net;
using it on my Raspberry Pi, I even did a firmware update through it. You just
need to ensure that no other task like gpsd is using the hardware while ser2net
is running…

Best regards,
        Michael

Thanks, Michael. I've had limited success with ser2net in the past, but it certainly remains an option. It would be great if both network output and gpsd could run at the same time!

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk