gpsd-users

Re: Expanding the cgps display vertically

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: Expanding the cgps display vertically
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 05:59:34 +0100

On 27/09/2021 19:35, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo David!

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:20:06 +0100
David Taylor<gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk>  wrote:

Gary, this only matters when the window is expanded vertically to fit
the terminal height, and changing the height a user action.  At the
moment, even with a standard ublox and three constellations, not all
can be displayed.
It cgps had on line per signal I get now, no screen I have could display that
with one line per signal.

I would hope it's just a single integer constant?
Yes, but screens are less than 180 lines! cpgs needs multiple columns,
or scrolling, or page flipping, or something more than just 180 high.

RGDS
GARY

Gary,

I'm only suggesting that the present maximum be changed upwards. Not scrolling, nor page-flipping, nor multiple columns. Maybe those could come later but I'm not asking for them.

I just checked and using "tput lines" my default ssh terminal is 24 lines, and when filling my 1200 pixel display it shows 73 lines. Width is fine as it is.

I was hoping this would be a simple change of a constant!

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk