gpsd-users

Re: Expanding the cgps display vertically

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: Expanding the cgps display vertically
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:20:06 +0100

On 25/09/2021 14:18, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo David!

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 10:44:10 +0100
David Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I just checked on mu ZED-F9P and U-center - even with an indoor
antenna it shows 34 satellites and that's combining L1 and L2 in the
display, with GPS, GLO, GAL and BEI.  I don't know how cgps handles
both L1 and L2, as the ZED-F9P is currently connected to a Windows
system.

I jut took a quick peek at the cgps.c code.  I think it display sup
to 35 signals.  If your receiver is picking up L1/CA and L2C from
a satellite, then that will be two signals, taking up two lines.

Given the F9P can track almost 200 signals, we're gonna need a huge
cgps window.

RGDS
GARY

Arrgh! Please ignore direct reply.

Gary, this only matters when the window is expanded vertically to fit the
terminal height, and changing the height a user action.  At the moment, even
with a standard ublox and three constellations, not all can be displayed.

I would hope it's just a single integer constant?

Like htop would be fine.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu