gpsd-users

Re: Updates from 3.20 to 3.23

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Updates from 3.20 to 3.23
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:17:07 -0700

Yo David!

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 19:00:55 +0100
David Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21/09/2021 18:21, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > a) fix the incorrect GPS_JSON_RESPONSE_MAX
> > b) fix it by includeing the proper header file.
> > c) reply with a copy of you build log.
> > d) make sure the build log contains your full build commands.
>
> Thanks, Gary.  I'll check the points you raised.
>
> When I compile I get no error messages (I meant to include that),

Since you copied GPS_JSON_RESPONSE_MAX, instrad of including the
proper header file, you would not get a compile error.  But your
buffer would be way too small.  That should not be a fatal error.

> but when I run it looks as if no satellites are seen

It can take up to 15 mins, with a good sky view, to see any satelltites.
Run cpgs to see if gpsd sees satellites or not.  You program should
match that one.

> (or the gps_open failed).

I did notice the lack of error reporting in your program.

> Where would I find the build log - there's nothing from the
> gcc command?

The build log is that stuff on your terminal screen when you built
gpsd.

One, of many, easy ways to capture the build log fro mbuildoing gpsd:
        rm nohup.out
        nohup  scons -c
        nohup  scons
        nohup  scons install