gpsd-users

Re: GPS receiver with dUT1 support

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPS receiver with dUT1 support
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:40:59 -0700

Yo Matwey!

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 00:28:45 +0300
"Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but still. I am looking
> for a GPS receiver model compatible with gpsd and able to transmit
> dUT1 to the host computer

That is a tough one.  AFAIK, there are few GNSS constellation that
transmits dUT! or UT1.  So nothing for a receiver to do.

My best guess is that you get dUT1 off the internet, and then apply
that to UTC to get UT1.

> I need the dUT1 value for astronomy,

Of course.

> and I
> know that it is transmitted from the satellites to the receiver.

Only a few.  My quick search shows IRNSS and SBAS (WAAS).  IRNSS only
helps in Asia.  The SBAS spec is not an open spec so nothing can be done
with that.

Constellations do transmit clock correction parameters, but those are
sat time to UTC.

> Unfortunately, I have googled no traces of dUT1 in NMEA protocol. So I
> am asking in case somebody has faced it previously and knows the exact
> model.

Most certainly NOT in NMEA.  And not in u-blox, or any other protocol
that I have doc for.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588