gpsd-users

Re: ✘3.23 is near. Please test!

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘3.23 is near. Please test!
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 15:32:42 -0700

Yo Charles!

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:10:31 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jul 2021 14:40:15 -0700
> "Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
>
> > Yo All!
> >
> > I want to get gpsd 3.23 shipped, due to issue #144.
> >
> > Please test git head.
>
> Several items:
>
> * Are you planning to bump the libgps number from 28?

Yes.  3.22 was libgps 28.

I'll cut a 3.23-rc1 today with that change.

> * Warning: Discussion of systemd ahead.
>
>   As delivered, the systemd control files did not work.

Yup.  No one can make it work.  We just oscillate from one bad to another.

> I substituted
> my own gpsd.service, and things worked. I'll provide a diff
> separately.
>
> * I see that /etc/default/gpsd is no longer provided. In that case,
>   the instructions on debugging systemd will need updating. Again,
>   I'll provide a diff separately.

I don't care, but I think the files are the way bzed wants them.  So
whatever the two of you work out is fine with me.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588