gpsd-users

Re: Only one client at a time (Debian, Raspbian)

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: Only one client at a time (Debian, Raspbian)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 00:14:41 +0200

Hi,

I'm answering myself...

On Jul/28/2021, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> Using: gpsd 3.17-7+b1 (all from the distros at the moment, as I thought
> that is a common use case)

I've updated using buster-backports to 3.20-12~bpo10+1 . I have now in
the /etc/defaults/gpsd the default and also:

START_DAEMON="true"

(just because I was testing...)

All works fine. I can connect to gpsd using qgis, opencpn and kplex at
the same time. I haven't tried disconnecting and connecting them but at
least I see that this is possible.

I'm surprised that I didn't see a big bug in bugs.debian.org - I still
thing that I had something wrong between the chair and the laptop but
then surprised that I had the same problem with my laptop and the
raspberry pi 4.

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany