gpsd-users

Re: Multiple TPV lines per sec?

From: Tor Rune Skoglund
Subject: Re: Multiple TPV lines per sec?
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 19:47:51 +0200

Thanks, Gary,

Den 08.06.2021 19:12, skrev Gary E. Miller:
Then the vehicle leaves the tunnel; two TPVs start coming every
second quite, e.g. like this:
Pretty common.  Note that the 2nd one contained more information than
the first one.  As the data dribbles in to gpsd, gpsd pused it out as JSON.

Restarting
gpsd resets the TPV reporting back to the initial one with one line
every second.
This is because of your receiver firmware changing its output due to
changing conditions.  Nothing can be done about it.  All GNSS receivers
do it.

OK. I am just wondering why restarting gpsd, even in read only mode, changes that output and what that condition then might be...?

I was thinking there might be a config option for the GNSS device or
something that could cause this, but have no immediate clues so any
help and pointers would be appreciated.
u-blox 9 has over a thousand distinct configuration options.  Feel
free to spend your next year, or two, exploring how they all interact.

Or, live with it.  It is perfectly normal and expected.

Yes.... That might very well be the final outcome. We just need to make sure we report the right data back to the cloud system.

BR,
Tor Rune Skoglund