gpsd-users

Re: GPS/PPM very large offset

From: Mike Simpson
Subject: Re: GPS/PPM very large offset
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 23:51:38 +0000

Big. Sometimes 3s, sometimes 4s. B&A complaining of 5s.

On my Pi when it was happening I noticed that the time offset field of cgps
would jump about rapidly from 0.2s-0.4s to 3.something and ntpsec would state
that both pps and gps were 3 seconds off.

Removing GLONASS kept the cgps time offset at 0.something and corrected the
time seen by ntpsec.

Second time this has come up on the list with the ublox8.