gpsd-users

Re: tcp device open error

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: tcp device open error
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 11:18:27 -0700

Yo Василий!

What version gpsd?  From source of a package?

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 10:59:49 +0300
Василий Пономаренко <basvas@mail.ru> wrote:

> if config is:
> /etc/default/gpsd

That file is not part of gpsd.  I can't comment on it.  You need to ask
your distro what that is about.

> Then erros is:
> systemctl status gpsd

You need to ask someone that knows systemd(umber) about how gpsd interacts
with systemd.  There are many problems with systemd(umbest).

>            └─614 /usr/sbin/gpsd -N -n -G tcp://192.168.178.61:10110

Does it work if you type that manually on the command line?

Systemd(ross) does nasty things to sandbox gpsd.  Out of our control.

> *  Is there a way to make a forced reconnection to the tcp source (it
> is unstable and the network is half-dead)?

No.

> *  I need to call the gpkg reconfigure gpsd command every time I
> manually edit the /etc/default/gpsd file ?

Lost me.  What is "gpkg"?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588